Thai Cucumber Salad, Super Fresh & Fast With DELICIOUS Asian Flavor!
It’s been called “a tropical paradise in your mouth.” Thai Cucumber Salad is sweet and tangy, savory and refreshing, and full of DELICIOUS Asian flavor! Home cooks around the world made this recipe go viral, and after taking your first bite you’ll know exactly why. This salad is not only ridiculously simple and irresistibly satisfying, it’s also fast and inexpensive.
Cool, tasty, satisfying. Thai Cucumber Salad is outstanding anytime, but it’s especially nice on a hot summer day. It’s a light and scrumptious salad with super fresh flavors that intensify to an even more delicious level as it sits in the fridge. You can eat it as soon as you’ve made it, however, it’s truly worth the wait if you let it chill in the fridge.
Quick, easy, inexpensive. Thai Cucumber Salad is a classic side dish or snack that’s so delicious you completely forget it’s actually healthy. Home cooks love serving it as a side dish with Asian-inspired family meals or preparing a batch to snack on throughout the week.
“Loved this! Super easy snack to make that lasts a whole week after you make it! This really made my afternoons more exciting.” – Camillia
How to make Thai Cucumber Salad:
Time: 15 minutes
- ⅓ cup rice vinegar (can be found in Asian section of most grocery stores)
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- ½ tsp toasted sesame oil
- ¼ to ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 large cucumbers
- 3 green onions
- ¼ cup chopped peanuts
- In a small bowl, combine the rice vinegar, sugar, sesame oil, red pepper flakes, and salt. Set the dressing aside to give it time to blend.
- Peel and slice the cucumber using your favorite method (see photos below for my technique). Place the sliced cucumbers in a large bowl.
- Chop the peanuts into smaller pieces, if desired. Slice the green onions.
- Add the dressing, peanuts, and green onions to the sliced cucumbers. Stir to combine. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to eat. Give the salad a brief stir before serving to redistribute the dressing and flavors.
Looking for an Asian-inspired entree to pair it with? Try our Asian Honey Chicken: