No longer is lasagna just a pasta dish. It’s now jumped categories into the soup realm.
Learn to master the Instant Pot! New Instant Pot Master Class. [learn more]
Don’t worry. This super yummy Italian dish is still sure to satisfy.
The crowning jewel of this recipe is the garlic bread bowl. It will leave you in a carbalicious coma.
- 1 Lb Chicken Sausage or Ground Turkey Sausage
- 1 Lb Lean Ground Beef
- 3 Cups Rotini Noodles, uncooked
- 1 1/2 Cups Cottage Cheese
- 1 (28 oz) Can Diced Tomatoes
- 2 1/2 Cups Marinara Sauce
- 16 oz Chicken Broth
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 Large Onion
- 2 Tbs Olive Oil
Garlic Bread Bowl
- 2 Medium Bread Bowls
- 3 Tbs Butter, softened
- 1 tsp Garlic Salt
- Pinch of Dried Parsley Flakes
- Pinch of Dried Oregano
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Fresh Parsley
- Cook ground beef and chicken sausage in separate skillets according to package directions.
- Put olive oil in soup pot and turn on to medium heat.
- Dice the onion and add to olive oil in the soup pot and stir.
- Cook until onions are translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Open can of diced tomatoes and add to your onions then stir.
- Drain the chicken and beef and add to your pot then stir.
- Add marinara, water and chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add in uncooked noodles and cook 8-10 minutes until noodles are tender.
- Remove pot from heat and stir in cottage cheese.
- Garnish with desired toppings like cheese and parsley.
Garlic Bread Bowls
- Preheat oven to broil on high.
- Mix together butter, garlic salt, dried parsley and oregano.
- Cut bowl like shape out of center of bread bowls and spread garlic butter all around.
- Broil on cookie sheet for 2-3 minutes watching it the whole time until browned.
- You can substitute about 12 regular tomatoes for the canned tomatoes.
- If the tomatoes you chopped aren’t very ripe and juicy you’ll want to add more water.
- You can substitute ground turkey for either meat.