Chicken lettuce wraps have never failed me in my entire life. Especially this recipe!
No need to be intimidated by all the ingredients, cause you literally just thrown them in. These are super delicious and even healthy!
It doesn’t take much to be a rockstar at making lettuce wraps. Once they hit the lips, you will want the whole skillet to yourself!
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Lb Ground chicken
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Onion, diced
- 1/4 CUP Hoisin sauce
- 2 Tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp Rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Sriracha, or more, to taste
- 1 8oz Can whole water chestnuts, drained and diced
- 2 Green onions, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 Head butter lettuce
1. Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add ground chicken and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the chicken as it cooks.
3. Drain excess fat.
4. Stir in garlic, onion, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, and Sriracha until onions have become translucent, about 1-2 minutes.
5. Stir in chestnuts and green onions until tender, about 1-2 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
6. To serve, spoon several tablespoons of the chicken mixture into the center of a lettuce leaf, taco-style.