What is something that you have never thought to put in a waffle iron? I feel like a lot of people these days are trying ANYTHING to see how it turns out. And I can’t say that I blame them.
These potato waffles are so delicious and creative. You can make them for brunch, a side for dinner, they go well with so many options!
The waffle iron makes them the perfect amount of crispiness. And It only takes 3 minutes to cook them to perfection!
- 4 TBSP Unsalted butter
- 1/4 CUP Buttermilk
- 2 Large eggs
- 2 CUPS Mashed potatoes
- 3 TBSP Chopped chives
- 1/2 CUP All-purpose flour
- 1/2 TSP Baking powder
- 1/4 TSP Baking soda
- 1/2 TSP Salt
- 1/2 TSP Fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 TSP Garlic powder
- CUP Grated cheddar cheese
- Bacon bits
1. Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat.
2. Continue to cook the butter until the butter begins to brown a bit.
3. Immediately transfer the browned butter into a medium bowl.
4. Whisk in buttermilk and eggs until thoroughly combined.
5. Add the mashed potatoes and 2 tablespoons chives and gently stir to combine.
6. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
7. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
8. Heat a waffle iron and grease if necessary.
9. Dollop batter (about 1/4 cup per waffle) into the waffle iron. Cook until golden on each side.
10. Turn oven to the broiler setting.
11. Place waffles on a baking sheet and top with cheddar cheese and bacon.
12. Place waffles under the broiler until cheese is melted, about 30 seconds to 1 minute.