These stuffed portobellos are such a delicious way to take care of that caprese craving you have been having!
They are filled with a creamy mozzarella cheese, cherry tomatoes, and topped with basil! Just waiting to be demolished at any point in time!
Just the way the cheese browns at the top is sooooo mouth watering! Don’t even get me started on butter sauce, and the glaze! Yes, please!
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp Freshly chopped parsley
- 3 large Portobello Mushrooms, stem removed, washed and dried
- 5 fresh mozzarella cheese balls, sliced thinly
- 1 CUP Cherry tomatoes, sliced thinly
- Fresh Basil, shredded to garnish
- 1/4 CUP Balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp Brown sugar
- Preheat oven to grill/broil settings on high heat. Arrange oven shelf to the middle of your oven.
- Combine all of the Garlic Butter ingredients together in a small saucepan (or microwave safe bowl), and melt until garlic is fragrant.
- Brush the bottoms of each mushroom and place them, buttered side down, on a baking tray.
- Fill each mushroom with the mozzarella slices and tomatoes, and grill/broil until cheese has melted and golden in color (about 8 minutes).
- To serve, top with the basil, drizzle with the balsamic glaze and sprinkle with salt to taste.
For the Balsamic Glaze:
- Combine sugar and vinegar in a small saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to low; allow to simmer for 5-8 minutes or until mixture has thickened and reduced to a glaze.
- Drizzle on top of cooked mushrooms.