It’s a refreshingly sweet and creamy layered dessert with shortbread cookie crust, fluffy cream cheese, and blueberry pie filling topped with whipped cream and crushed shortbread cookies. Delicious blueberry flavor and so luscious, you can’t go wrong with this recipe. It’s so good you’ll keep eating it! Fork, please!
An easy throw-together dish that includes pecans! But it’s the buttery Lorna Doone cookies (since 1912) that perfectly completes it for a delicious must-have spring or summer dessert with DREAMY texture and flavor.
Use a pie filling of your choice too. Make it special for the occasion: strawberry for Mother’s Day, lemon or blackberry for the gals, peach for the office party or barbecue – a versatile recipe that always comes out a winner!
Shortbread cookie crust, fluffy cream cheese, and blueberry pie filling with whipped cream. Luscious!
HOW TO MAKE BLUEBERRY YUM YUM
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
- 1 10 oz. package Lorna Doone Cookies
- ¼ Cup butter, melted
- 1 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
- 1 Cup powdered sugar
- 2 8 oz. container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 21 oz. can blueberry pie filling
- 1 Cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Crush the Lorna Doone cookies and reserve about ½ cup of the crumbs for the topping. Mix the cookie crumbs with the melted butter. Press them into the bottom of a 9×13-inch glass baking dish. Bake for 5 minutes and then cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, and 1 container of the thawed whipped topping by stirring by hand. Once thoroughly mixed, spread the mixture over the cooled crust.
- Drop dollops of the blueberry pie filling over the cream cheese layer and spread carefully. Sprinkle pecans over the pie filling. Top with the remaining container of whipped topping and sprinkle with the reserved crushed cookies. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
Want Another Delicious Blueberry Recipe? Now Watch How To Make Blueberry Oatmeal Bars!