There’s nothing more comforting than knowing your dinner is cooking away in the crockpot — especially when it makes your home smell incredible too!
If you’re short on time and in need of a wholesome meal, this Slow Cooker Lasagna will save the day.
With little prep and hardly anything to clean-up, this recipe is every home cook’s fantasy fulfilled!
The cheesy goodness and hearty sauce qualifies lasagna as the ultimate comfort food. Thankfully, this Slow Cooker Lasagna recipe allows us to be warm and fuzzy on the inside in a super convenient way.
Unlike the traditional oven method for lasagna, this slow cooker version allows the flavors to intensify on an entirely different level.
Here’s how to make Slow Cooker Lasagna:
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1.25 lbs. ground beef or ground turkey
- 2 (26 oz. each) jars your favorite marinara sauce
- 10 lasagna noodles (uncooked)
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- Grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
- Fresh chopped parsley or basil, for serving, if desired
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until soft, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the ground beef or turkey to the skillet and season with salt and pepper. Cook until browned, breaking up the meat into small pieces as it cooks. Remove pan from the heat.
- Spread 1 cup of the marinara sauce in the bottom of the slow cooker. Make a single layer of noodles, breaking them up as needed. Top with ⅓ of the meat, ⅓ of the mozzarella, and 1 cup of the sauce. Make a second layer with noodles, half of the remaining meat, half of the remaining mozzarella, and another 1 cup of the sauce. Make a third layer with noodles, the remaining meat and mozzarella, and 1 cup of the sauce. Top with one more layer of noodles and about 1 ½ cups of sauce. (I didn’t use quite the full two jars of sauce.)
- Cook on low heat for about 4 hours*, until noodles are soft. Turn off heat and let stand, covered, for 30 minutes before serving. Serve with grated Parmesan and fresh parsley or basil, if desired.
Looking for more easy ways to satisfy your pasta cravings? Try our delicious Chicken Alfredo Shells:
HELP YOUR FELLOW HOME COOKS BY SHARING THIS ARTICLE NOW!