There is something special about finding a cake that is not only simple but turns out to be the yummiest cake ever.
The pineapple cake alone is to die for, but once you let that delicious icing drip through the whole cake…it’s a whole new story!
Bake this for anyone on a special occasion and have them drooling in happiness!
- 2 CUPS All purpose flour
- 2 CUPS Granulated sugar
- 2 Eggs, Slightly beaten
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Large can 20oz crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 Stick (1/2 cup) Butter
- 1 CUP Sugar
- 1 Can 5½oz Evaporated milk
- 1 CUP Chopped Pecans
- 1 CUP Shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, Whisk together all the batter ingredients until just combined.
- Pour into a greased 13×9 baking dish, and bake for 30-40 minutes or until a wooden toothpick, inserted in the middle comes out clean. Don’t overbake.
- While cake is still baking, prepare the frosting.
- Heat the butter, sugar, and evaporated milk in a small saucepan until boiling.
- Cook and stir for about 5 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat and add in the coconut and pecans.
- Remove the cake from oven, and using a kabob skewer or wooden spoon handle, or some similary-sized object, begin poking holes in the cake.
- You need holes so that hot frosting has plenty of room to get down and soak the cake. You need holes so that hot frosting has plenty of room to get down and soak the cake.
- Pour frosting over the hot cake, spreading it out to make sure it’s all evenly dispersed.
- Allow cake to cool for a bit before cutting.