If you haven’t been living under a rock, you’ve probably noticed that slow cooker meals are all the rage. However, this Slow Cooker Lemon Pepper Chicken with Asparagus recipe is taking the trend to an entirely new level.
The tender, juicy, flavorful chicken is impressing the pickiest of eaters — including kids. Home cooks can’t stop praising this recipe, and it’s easy to see why.
Slow Cooker Lemon Pepper Chicken with Asparagus allows you to keep dirty dishes to a minimum, all while devouring a meal that’s delicious AND nutritious! It’s a nice and light dinner that’s so hassle-free and full of flavor, you’ll want to make it more than once a week.
Unlike most viral crockpot recipes, this one requires NO PREP WORK OR ASSEMBLY AFTERWARDS! You can just dump the ingredients and go on with your day, while your beloved crockpot does all the work.
What I love the most about Slow Cooker Lemon Pepper Chicken with Asparagus is not only how healthy it is, but also how complex the simple flavors are from all that slow cooking. I can’t wait for you to try this genius recipe!
Here’s how to make Slow Cooker Lemon Pepper Chicken:
- 1 to 1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 ripe lemon
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- ½ teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon thyme
- Place chicken in crock
- Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sprinkle with thyme and half of the salt
- Slice lemon and place over chicken
- Top with asparagus
- Drizzle with 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Sprinkle with remaining salt and lemon pepper seasoning
- Cook in crockpot on low for 6 hours or on high for 4 hours
NOTES: If you prefer your asparagus more on the al dente side, don’t add it until the last hour of cook time. Also, if you choose to use chicken breasts instead they might come out a little dry.
HELP YOUR FELLOW HOME COOKS BY SHARING THIS ARTICLE NOW!