I know I have already mentioned fresh, spring recipes, and this one is a PERFECT example of that!
The combination of flavors that this marinade/dressing has is unreal!
Seriously, the best shrimp I have had in a while! And I made it! AND it was easy!!! This will blow anyone’s mind at a BBQ, or just any outdoor get together! So good!
- 1/3 CUP Packed cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/4 CUP Fresh lime juice
- 1/4 CUP Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1/2 tsp Chili powder
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2lb jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 10oz Chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/2 CUP Cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 Avocado, chopped
- Coarse sea salt
- Blue corn tortilla chips, crushed
- Combine the first six ingredients in a food processor or blender then process until smooth.
- Place shrimp in a plastic bag then add 3 Tablespoons of the dressing and marinate in the refrigerator for 10 minutes (no longer.)
- Reserve remaining dressing for salad dressing.
- After the shrimp have marinated, spray the bottom of a skillet with extra virgin olive oil or nonstick spray then saute for 1-2 minutes a side, or until just barely cooked through.
- Set aside to cool slightly. Discard remaining marinade.
- Add lettuce into a bowl and top with avocados, tomatoes, sauteed shrimp, and crushed tortilla chips.
- Sprinkle with sea salt, if desired, then drizzle dressing on top.