No longer is lasagna just a pasta dish. It’s now jumped categories into the soup realm.
Don’t worry. This super yummy Italian dish is still sure to satisfy.
The crowning jewel of this recipe is the garlic bread bowl. It will leave you in a carbalicious coma.
- 1 Lb Chicken Sausage or Ground Turkey Sausage
- 1 Lb Lean Ground Beef
- 3 Cups Rotini Noodles, uncooked
- 1 1/2 Cups Cottage Cheese
- 1 (28 oz) Can Diced Tomatoes
- 2 1/2 Cups Marinara Sauce
- 16 oz Chicken Broth
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 Large Onion
- 2 Tbs Olive Oil
Garlic Bread Bowl
- 2 Medium Bread Bowls
- 3 Tbs Butter, softened
- 1 tsp Garlic Salt
- Pinch of Dried Parsley Flakes
- Pinch of Dried Oregano
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Fresh Parsley
- Cook ground beef and chicken sausage in separate skillets according to package directions.
- Put olive oil in soup pot and turn on to medium heat.
- Dice the onion and add to olive oil in the soup pot and stir.
- Cook until onions are translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Open can of diced tomatoes and add to your onions then stir.
- Drain the chicken and beef and add to your pot then stir.
- Add marinara, water and chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add in uncooked noodles and cook 8-10 minutes until noodles are tender.
- Remove pot from heat and stir in cottage cheese.
- Garnish with desired toppings like cheese and parsley.
Garlic Bread Bowls
- Preheat oven to broil on high.
- Mix together butter, garlic salt, dried parsley and oregano.
- Cut bowl like shape out of center of bread bowls and spread garlic butter all around.
- Broil on cookie sheet for 2-3 minutes watching it the whole time until browned.
- You can substitute about 12 regular tomatoes for the canned tomatoes.
- If the tomatoes you chopped aren’t very ripe and juicy you’ll want to add more water.
- You can substitute ground turkey for either meat.