One word. DONUTS. Who doesn’t LOVE donuts?!? Especially when they look as cute as these.
Also, I never knew how easy donuts were to make until I came across this wonderful recipe. Seriously, the most simple thing ever. Biscuits! Fried biscuits! YES PLEASE!
Impress your loved one by waking up a half hour before them and have them melting after they take that first sweet bite of deliciousness. Neither one of you will regret this.
– Canned Biscuits (anything BUT the flakey layer kind).
– Melted butter in a shallow bowl(4 tbsp per 8 biscuits give or take)
– Sugar & Cinnamon in a shallow bowl.
– Mixed together in your favorite proportions…I like a nice medium brown mixture.
– Veggie oil to fill your pan up to 1/2in
1. Heat up oil for a few minutes on medium heat.
2. While it is heating up, cut holes in the donuts with a cookie cutter or some other circular object
3. When each side is golden brown, flip with tongs.
4. Place on a paper towel lined pan or plate.
5. When the donuts have cooled enough to handle…using your fingers dip one side in the melted butter, let the excess drip off, dip in cinnamon and sugar mixture.
6. Get it nice and coated.
7. Flip over and repeat for the other side.
– 1 cup powdered sugar
– 2 1/2 Tbsp Nutella
– 6 tsp milk
– 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, Nutella, milk, and vanilla extract until smooth.
2. Drizzle Nutella glaze over tops of doughnuts.
3. Top with sprinkles