Your mouth is most likely already watering just from looking at the picture and title of this recipe. After taking your first beloved bite of Tex-Mex Meatballs, you’ll know why it went VIRAL. The flavorful chipotle peppers and gooey cheesy goodness, combined with signature Tex-Mex ingredients give the Italian favorite the makeover of a lifetime. Tex-Mex Meatballs are so easy to make and even easier to devour!
Home cooks and foodies around the world are still in awe of its deliciousness. You can make a sub sandwich out of the Tex-Mex Meatballs, or serve with an accompaniment of sides. However, these bad boys are satisfying enough to eat on their own.
You will seriously regret not trying this recipe. It only takes 4 simple steps to make, and you probably have a majority of the ingredients at home already!
The end result is a stunning dish that tastes even better than it looks, qualifying Tex-Mex Meatballs as the ultimate crowd-pleaser. Anyone who eats them will not only be begging for more, but also for the recipe. It’s a hassle-free way to create a hearty meal and the leftovers taste amazing for several days — but there’s a strong chance your Tex-Mex Meatballs will be completely gone in seconds.
How to make Tex-Mex Meatballs:
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 2 c. grated Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1/2 c. breadcrumbs (preferably panko breadcrumbs)
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh Italian parsley (plus more for garnish)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 jalapeño, finely chopped
- 1 large egg
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 16 oz. crushed tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine ground beef, 1 cup Mexican cheese, bread crumbs, parsley, garlic, jalapeño, and egg. Season with salt and pepper. Do not over mix. Divide into 12 meatballs.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat about 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add meatballs in a single layer and sear on all sides, about 2 minutes per side. When the meatballs have developed a nice crust, remove them from the skillet.
- Add more olive oil to the skillet, if necessary, then add onions and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in crushed tomatoes and chipotle pepper in adobo, and bring mixture to boil. Reduce heat and add meatballs back to skillet. Cover with a tight-fitting lid and simmer until the meatballs are cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Cover meatballs with cheese, cover the skillet again and cook until the cheese is melted, about 2 minutes. Garnish with parsley.
Looking for another easy and delicious way to satisfy your meatball cravings? Try our Meatball Sliders:
SHARE THIS ARTICLE TO SHOW YOUR FELLOW HOME COOKS THIS MIND-BLOWING RECIPE!