Want a delicious homemade pizza that’s ready in 25 minutes? Enjoy a warm, golden crust with melted mozzarella, tomato sauce, and pepperoni that’ll give you that familiar “This is why I love Pizza” feeling after your first bite! Deep dish or regular crust, it’s a pizza that will deeply satisfy your taste buds, because it doesn’t get any better than homemade! No way!
Easily put together in 10 minutes if you’re using a store-bought pizza dough, which you easily spread into a greased 10″ cast iron skillet (or oven-safe pan) then load up on the toppings. It’s that easy!
Add any toppings you want. Want more than just a pepperoni pizza? Spread your wings and add some sausage and mushrooms, or have a Hawaiian pizza, or cheese-only, or just veggies! Your choice, any way you want, and for breakfast, lunch, dinner, hot or cold! It’s the ultimate comfort food! Enjoy!
Delicious warm, golden crust with melted mozzarella, tomato sauce and pepperoni!
HOW TO MAKE EASY SKILLET PIZZA
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
- 1/2 pizza dough recipe (or 1 store-bought pizza dough)
- 1/2 Cup pizza sauce recipe (or jar of store-bought pizza sauce)
- 1/2 Cup Mozzarella cheese
- 4 oz. pepperoni
- Optional: 1 cup vegetable toppings (i.e. cherry tomatoes, onions, green peppers, mushrooms),
- Optional: Italian seasoning, Parmesan cheese or fresh basil
- If you decide to make your own pizza dough, we suggest you make it overnight, placing it in a bowl and refrigerate for best results.
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- Coat a 10″ cast iron skillet (or oven safe skillet) with 1/2 tablespoon of oil. You can also run a garlic clove around for seasoning.
- Divide the overnight pizza dough in half (or remove your store-bought pizza dough from the can).
- Take half of the pizza dough (or all of your store-bought dough) and place it into the seasoned skillet. Spread it around the bottom of the skillet with your fingers and push it up around the sides about 1 to 1.5 inches. Let the dough rest for a few minutes while preparing the rest of your toppings.
- Add the pizza sauce.
- Then sprinkle the mozzarella cheese.
- Top with pepperoni. If you’re feeling adventurous, go for as many toppings as you like.
- Bake the pizza for about 17 minutes or until the crust has browned and the cheese has a few browned spots (rotate the skillet halfway through the cooking time).
- Carefully remove the (very hot) cast iron skillet from the oven onto a heatproof surface and enjoy.
- If you use the dough recipe, you can also add 1 Tbs of honey for a little sweetness.
Want A Delicious Side Dish? Now Watch How To Make BLT Pasta Salad!