I can’t say I know much about cauliflower. In fact, I don’t remember eating it at all growing up.
But just because I wasn’t exposed to this vegetable early in life doesn’t mean it is a bad one. I think many people aren’t sure what to do with it honestly.
This is a recipe to help encourage those out there who are confused but want to learn. It’s more simple than you think and definitely more delicious than you ever knew.
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 12 oz Cauliflower, chopped into small pieces
- 1 Medium White Onion, diced
- 1/4 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
- 3 Tbsp Water
- 1/2 tsp Minced Garlic
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- Dash of Coarse Salt, optional topping
- 2 tsp Fresh Parsley, chopped optional topping
- Fried eggs, optional topping
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Spread cauliflower and onion evenly in skillet and cook without stirring about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir then add the smoked paprika, salt, black pepper and water.
- Cover the skillet and cook until the cauliflower is golden, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat down to low & add the garlic and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the lemon juice and cook about 30 seconds.
- Garnish with salt, parsley and other desired toppings.