We’ve all heard of a bloomin’ onion. I would also bet that you’ve had garlic bread a time or two in your life. Well, imagine those two had a baby and this is what you’d get, bloomin’ garlic bread.
It’s a few hours before the last kick-off of the football season and you need one more item to make your party complete. This is it. This is what you need.
It’s quick. It’s simple. It’s cheesy and buttery. What else do you need for me to convince you that you need to make this right now?
- 2 1/2 tsp Minced Garlic
- 3 Tbsp Dried Parsley Flakes
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Small Loaf Italian Bread
- 1 Butter Stick, melted
- 4 oz Mozzarella Cheese Slices
- 4 oz Cheddar Cheese Slices
- Garlic Salt (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 375°F / 190°C.
- Cut lines in bread with a serrated bread knife, creating a grid like pattern.
- Do not cut all the way through the bread.
- In a small bowl combine minced garlic, parsley, olive oil and melted butter.
- Using a pastry brush, spread butter mix in between each cut of bread.
- Cut 1/8 inch slices of mozzarella and cheddar cheese.
- Place 1 or 2 slices in between each cut of bread until it’s completely filled.
- Sprinkle garlic salt on top before wrapping.
- Tear off 2 pieces of foil to wrap bread in.
- Wrap the bottom of bread first and then wrap the top.
- Place in oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove the top piece of foil, continue to bake for another 10 minutes.
- Make sure cheese has melted completely before removing from oven.
- Serve immediately.
- Serrated knives are the best for cutting into bread.
- Use a spoon if you don’t have a pastry brush.