It’s the ultimate oatmeal breakfast bake with a flavor-packed taste for a GREAT morning! This Very Berry Oatmeal Bake of old-fashioned oats sweetened with berries, brown sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla is a bonafide delicious breakfast to make any person love oatmeal! So good the kids will eat them all up!
Make them in advance. Busy morning? This recipe can be made the night before in 10 minutes. Easily swap out a bowl of cereal with this delicious bake, which can be eaten hot or cold, add some milk and you’re good to go!
Can also be eaten as a dessert. Simply add a dollop (or two) or heavy whipped cream, or vanilla ice cream and you have a fantastic dessert. Whoever said oatmeal was just for breakfast? Just look at it. It’s like a serious granola bake! Guaranteed to satisfy!
Oats sweetened with berries, brown sugar, cinnamon and vanilla! Mm-mm good!
Add some milk and it’s ready to enjoy!
HOW TO MAKE VERY BERRY OATMEAL BAKE
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 40 minutes
- 3 Cups old fashioned rolled oats
- ¾ Cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ Tsp baking powder
- ¾ Tsp ground cinnamon (I double this if making plain or banana-nut flavor)
- ½ Tsp salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 ½ Cups milk, plus additional milk for serving
- 1 Tsp pure vanilla extract
- 4 Tbs unsalted butter or coconut oil, melted
- 2 Cups fresh berries (larger berries chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter a 2 ½ quart baking dish.
- Combine all dry ingredients.
- Place half the oat mixture in the baking dish, top with half the berries, and then top with the remaining oat mixture.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, vanilla, and melted butter. Pour over the oats.
- Top the oats with the remaining berries.
- Gently shake the baking dish back and forth from side to side to allow the wet mixture to get down into the oats.
- Bake uncovered for about 40 minutes until oats are tender, and the mixture is set.
- Serve immediately with a splash of milk, or cool, then cover and refrigerate to reheat later.
- If the oatmeal firms up too much after cooling, you can add a little water before reheating it to make it creamy again.
- Flavor variations: You can leave out the berries or replace them with sliced bananas and chopped walnuts for a Banana Walnut Oatmeal Bake!
- Can also use Almond Vanilla Milk instead of regular whole milk.
Want Another Great Breakfast Recipe? Now Watch How To Make Banana Bread French Toast!
Inspired by SofaB Food