Appetizers are your friend. I know sometimes they can get pretty complicated but it’s not their fault.
It’s Pinterest’s fault. I’m just kidding. But seriously.
Never before did I realize how much cooking I should have been doing to prep myself for party appetizer extraordinaire. Regardless of real or perceived competition when it comes to that, you should know that these little guys will always be a party winner. They’ve got everything you could want…bacon!
- 12 Medjool Dates, seeded
- 3 oz Chicken Apple Sausage
- 3 oz Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 6 Strips of Bacon
- 12 Toothpicks
- Preheat oven to 425° F / 220°C.
- Cook chicken apple sausage on skillet.
- Once finished mix with the cream cheese using a fork or the back of a spoon.
- Take a paring knife and cut each date from top to bottom halfway through.
- Gently squeeze the top and bottom of date to find the seed.
- Pull the seed out with your fingers.
- Stuff a heaping spoonful of cream cheese mixture into the dates.
- Put 6 slices of bacon on a plate and heat in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Remove from microwave and slice in half.
- Wrap each date with 1 bacon half and secure it with a toothpick.
- Place your dates on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, flipping the dates over after 6 minutes.
- Once bacon looks dark and crispy you can remove them from the oven.
- Let sit for 5-10 minutes to cool off before eating.
- Use thin sliced bacon to wrap around dates. It cooks better.
- Do not cut all the way through the date.